People Want to Shop with Messenger Apps
People aren’t just using messenger apps to chat with friends — they’re also excited about shopping with brands’ bots.
- 47% of users are open to purchasing items through a bot.
- 71% of users are willing to receive customer service through a messaging app.
- On average, users are willing to spend more than $55 on chatbot purchases.
These high figures show that a large chunk of buyers trust chatbots as a way to interact with businesses and are only expected to grow.
More Businesses Are Using Bots
Data shows that merchants are embracing bots.
- The global chatbot market is expected to reach $1.23 billion by 2025 with a compounding annual growth rate of 24.3%, according to a Grand View Research report.
- 80% of businesses said that they already use chatbots or plan to use them by 2020, in a recent Oracle survey.
- 48% of businesses are already using automation technology, according to the same Oracle survey.